There's a wide selection of high-quality CCTV and security surveillance products for you to pick from in our range – ideal for helping to protect your home or business.
Whether you're in need of cameras, lenses, video recorders or just cables and accessories, we have it all in our collection. Choose from industry-leading brands such as Samsung, FLIR and Panasonic, as well as great value items from our high-quality own brand RS PRO.
What is CCTV?
CCTV (closed-circuit television) is a system of cameras which record or transmit video footage for surveillance and security purposes. A complete CCTV system consists of:
- Security cameras (analogue or digital)
- A video recorder (DVR or NVR)
- A storage unit, usually a hard drive
- A display unit, such as a monitor (optional)
They're commonly installed to observe buildings, grounds and other areas to detect and prevent criminal activity. As well as private premises, they're used in the following places:
- Public areas such as car parks and supermarkets
- For traffic monitoring
- To oversee toxic and hazardous industrial environments so people aren't exposed
- For visual records in places such as banks, casinos and airports
- To monitor prisons
- For transport services, such as trains
We stock everything you need to implement CCTV systems, as well as other surveillance measures including dash cams, body camera accessories, dummy cameras and mirrors.
What are the benefits?
- Deter and prevent criminal activity
- Enjoy improved insurance rates
- Cost-effective surveillance system
- Peace of mind
Choosing the right equipment
- Digital video recorders (DVRs) – These are devices which process video signals from cameras and transmit them through a coaxial cable.
- Network video recorders (NVRs) – These differ to DVRs by recording and transmitting video footage via a network cable.
- Dash cams and accessories – Also called dashboard cameras, they're installed in vehicles to monitor road scenery to capture evidence in an accident or collision.
- CCTV cameras and accessories – Cameras record the video footage and are the forefront of security installations.
- Monitors – These are used to transmit video signals to people monitoring the footage, for surveillance purposes.
- Dummy cameras – These are wireless false cameras designed to look like real ones, providing a low maintenance and cost-effective deterrent.
- Mirrors – Designed to be used alongside cameras, they help to increase visibility to improve the effectiveness of cameras by reflecting a wider angle view.